Monday, March 24

Patchwork mirror

After the leadlight panel, I learnt how to make a mirror using copper foil.  This mirror appealed to me because the pattern did not have any curves or circles.  Curves and circles are a bit tricky when you are learning to cut glass.  The patchwork pattern also allowed me a lot of freedom as the pieces can be arranged in any way as long as they fit firmly against the other pieces of glass and the mirror.  

This is a good pattern if you want to use up glass you have left over from other projects.  I had enough red, orange and yellow glass to made an identical mirror for my Mum.  In her mirror I used the coloured glass all the way around the border instead of the mirror / glass pattern on this one.  The stronger colour around the border was much more effective in my opinion. 

(The black rectangle in the bottom left hand side of the photo is my phone and below that you can see part of my hair.)   I will have to improve my photography skills.



No comments:

Post a Comment