Monday, March 24

3D Christmas Tree

As Christmas was fast approaching I signed up for the Christmas workshop and made a 3D Christmas tree.  This is the only 3D item I have made so far.  I think it worked out quite well, although I did made a few mistakes along the way.  The first mistake was putting Patina on the solder.  Patina turns solder black.   I originally intended to leave the solder silver but I put on Patina instead of polish.  That will teach me to read the instructions on the bottle.  By the time I realised what I had done it was too late.  A few of my fellow students left their solder silver and it has apparently tarnished so they are now in the process of applying Patina to blacken it.  I suppose I did the right thing after all.

The other problem I had with making the tree was that I left the soldering iron on the mirror for too long and I cracked the mirror on the base.  You can't really see it so it is ok. 

The only other problem with the tree is that I can't find a box to store it in so it stays on display on top on the china cabinet/hutch all year round.  I suppose you could say it is Christmas all year round at my place. 



The tree has 4 sides and is approx 50 cm tall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment